Duo in Gold Coast, QLD
- Travels up to 200 km
- Starting from $600
Available on Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
39 people have checked out this act in the last fortnight. Calendars book up fast!
Jake & Andy offers a completely flexible and tailored approach to event music management. A comprehensive consultation process means your vision and runsheet guides the day's vibe. And Jake & Andy work closely with your day's MC (and/or event/venue manager) to ensure smooth sailing and the perfect wedding or event soundtrack.
Playing, Jake & Andy utilise a combination of acoustic and electric instruments, live looping and DJ sets to deliver the soundtrack you'd envisioned and your party requires.
So basically, your day sounds amazing from ceremony to sayonara!
Firstly, hello & thanks for checking us out!
We're Jake Newell and Andy Michael, and we're stoked you're considering us for your big day or event. We’ve been playing music together for about a decade, and have been best mates for twice as long. We started out just wanting to be able to play the songs we loved & initiate the odd party sing-a-long. But over the years, lounge room jams lead to open mic nights, which somehow turned into to paid pub and club gigs. Ten years on... Jake & Andy is South-East Queensland’s premier wedding & event entertainment duo. We've been part of more than 500 Weddings. From Beaches to Ballrooms & Backyards to Bowls Clubs, we’ve driven from Coffs Harbour to Noosa, even flown to dreamy weddings in Port Douglas, Bali and Fiji. During this time we’ve learned what a successful and seamless wedding requires. And through experience, Jake & Andy has evolved into far more than just an acoustic duo. So much so that Andy is now a licensed civil marriage celebrant!
Much like our approach to soundtracking a wedding, Andy takes this new role as celebrant very seriously. But that's not to say you can't have a good time! We believe, as we're sure you do, that a wedding should feel like a celebration, not after-school detention.
With our celebrancy & music packages, we provide a service that is both professional & relaxed.
Personality enough to put you & your guests at ease, while remaining reverent & honouring the
wonderful institution that is 'marriage' (promise we're not just saying that 'cause we're married ourselves!).
We're sincerely honoured that you're considering us to play such integral roles on this epic occasion.
Our vows to you; we promise that from today onward we will strive to put you at ease & give you confidence; we will provide a service & create an atmosphere that you & your guests absolutely love.
We strongly recommend that all communication with Jake & Andy be kept within CrowdPleaser's secure quoting and booking platform. We can only guarantee deposits paid through the CrowdPleaser website. You should also make sure their quote includes their cancellation and payment terms.
These are the categories of entertainment or other services offered by Jake & Andy.
We only require;
- Space (2.5m x 2.5m min. is a good rough guide)
- Shelter (if 'the elements' could come into play)
- Stools/Chairs (x2 to park our bums on)
- Power (a standard wall outlet is fine / wireless options available for smaller/shorter events)
We have everything else we need to soundtrack your soiree.
Alabama Shakes – Hold on
Alt-J - Breezeblocks
Angus & Julia Stone – Just A Boy – Big Jet Plane
Arctic Monkeys – When The Sun Goes Down - Riot Van
Augie March – One Crowded Hour
Australian Crawl – Boys Light Up – Errol
Ball Park Music - iFly
The Beautiful Girls – Periscopes - La Mar – Music - Take The Long Way Home
The Beatles – Come Together – Instant Karma
Ben Folds Five – Brick
Ben Harper - Steal My Kisses - Walk Away – Diamonds On The Inside
The Black Keys – Tighten Up - Little Black Submarines - Gold On The Ceiling - Lonely Boy
Bryan Adams – Summer Of ‘69
Bob Marley – Jammin’ - No Woman - Redemption Song - Waiting In Vain – I Shot The Sherriff
Bon Iver – Skinny Love
Bruno Mars – Lazy Song
Busby Marou – Biding My Time
Cake – I Will Survive
Cee-Lo – F*** You
Chet Faker – I’m Into You
City & Colour – Fragile Bird
Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
Coldplay – Trouble - Fix You - Yellow
Cold War Kids – Hospital Beds - We Used To Vacation - Hang Me Out To Dry - Audience
The Cure – Close To Me
Creedence – Bad Moon Rising – Proud Mary – Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Crowded House – Better Be Home Soon - Don’t Dream It’s Over - Weather With You
Daft Punk – Get Lucky
Damien Rice – Cannon Ball
Donovan Frankenreiter – Papa
The Doors – People Are Strange – Light My Fire
Dragon – April Sun In Cuba
Eagle Eye Cherry – Save Tonight
Eagles – Hotel California
Elvis Costello – Alison
Eric Clapton – Before You Accuse Me
Eskimo Joe – From The Sea
Faith No More – Easy
Faker – This Heart Attack
Fleetwood Mac – Rhiannon – Dreams – Go Your Own Way
Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
Foo Fighters – Everlong – Times Like These
4 Non Blondes – What’s Up?
Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
Gary Moore – Still Got The Blues
Green Day – Time Of Your Life – Hitchin’ A Ride
Grinspoon – Chemical Heart
Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
Gomez – Get Myself Arrested - Rhythm And Blues Alibi
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Hootie and the Blowfish – Let Her Cry
Hunters and Collectors – Throw Your Arms Around Me - Holy Grail
INXS – Never Tear Us Apart - Mystify
Jack Johnson – Rodeo Clowns - Drink The Water – Flake - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
James Taylor – Fire and Rain
James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
Jimmy Buffett – Pirate Looks at 40
John Butler Trio – Zebra
Johnny Cash – Ring Of Fire – Folsom Prison Blues
Jose Gonzales – Heartbeats
Kaiser Chiefs – Ruby
Kings Of Leon – The Bucket - Use Somebody - Sex On Fire – Molly’s Chamber
The Kooks – Ooh La – Naïve – The Seaside
The Killers – Somebody Told Me
Live – Lightening Crashes
Lorde - Royals
Lumineers – Hey Ho
Mason Jennings – Nothing
MGMT – Kids - Electric Feel
Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
Missy Higgins – Ten Days - Scar
Mr Big – To Be With You
Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man
Nancy Sinatra – These Boots Are Made For Walking
Nick Cave – Into My Arms
Nirvana – Come As You Are
Oasis - The Importance of Idle – Wonderwall
Old Man River - La
Paul Kelly – Dumb Things – To Her Door - Gravy
Pearl Jam - Better Man – Black
Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
Plan B – She Said
Powder Finger – Sunsets - My Happiness
Plain White Tee’s – Hey There Delilah
The Pogues – Love You Til The End
Radiohead – Creep
Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Otherside – Californication
The Rubens – My Gun
Sam Sparro – Black And Gold
Santana – Black Magic Woman
Sublime – Bad Fish - Caress Me Down - What I Got – Santaria - 5446
Scissor Sisters – Take Your Mama
Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars – Run
Sonia Data – No Good No More
Stealers Wheel – Stuck In The Middle
Stereophonics – Dakota
Take That – Back For Good
Temper Trap – Fader
Three Doors Down – Kryptonite
Tracey Chapman – Baby Can I Hold You – Gimme One Reason
Train – Drops Of Jupiter
U2 – All I Want Is You – Angel Of Harlem
Uncle Cracker - Smile
Unwritten Law – Cailin
Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl – Moondance
Vance Joy - Riptide
The Verve – The Drugs Don’t Work
The Waifs – London Still
The Wallflowers – One Headlight
Weezer – El Scorcho
The Whitlams – Louis Burdett
The White Buffallo – Love Song #1
The White Stripes – 7 Nation Army
The Zutons – Valerie
WEDDINGS // Music (from $650) or Music + Celebrancy (from $1,300)
EVENTS/PARTIES // Music (from $600)
**WEDDINGS // Music (from $650) or Music + Celebrancy (from $1,300)
I N T H E B E G I N N I N G W E
- Prefer to schedule a face-to-face meeting (not compulsory, but ideally around time of booking).
- Provide a comprehensive Wedding Day Info Sheet/Questionnaire (ensuring all bases are covered).
- Are available & at your service for ongoing consultation (for complete peace of mind).
O N T H E D A Y W E
- Travel up to 150km (round trip) at no additional charge + arrive on location 2hrs prior to start time.
- Confirm run of events with Venue Manager/Wedding Organiser.
- Liaise with your MC throughout the event to ensure smooth announcement of the day’s formalities
- Supply mic & amplification (if not provided ‘in house’ by your venue) for Ceremony, MC & speeches.
- Cue any/all song requests for your formalities/special moments.
- Set-up, pack-down & re-locate to multiple positions - e.g. Ceremony, Canapés & Reception locales.
- Ensure 100% flexibility – what we do is completely governed by your run sheet.
A T Y O U R C E R E M O N Y
- Andy will professionally & proficiently officiate proceedings.
- Jake will coordinate with Andy to provide a smooth & seamless ceremony soundtrack.
P L A Y I N G L I V E W E
- Provide acoustic soloist, acoustic duo, live rock duo & party DJ configurations.
- Extracting from you which songs you like best, then arrange set lists to suit your event.
- Are happy to attempt to learn any* special Bespoke Song Request (not currently on our playlist).
- Can make announcements/provide additional MC duties (if required) throughout the day/night.
- Aim to play ‘live’ as frequently as your run sheet allows (try to align our breaks with your day's formalities).
- Encourage your song suggestions so that we can create the perfect between-set playlists.
O U R D J S E T
- Our DJ&A set begins when your event requires it (generally the final 90mins, but duration can suit you).
- We have a vast & varied selection of infectious dance tracks & sing-alongs.
- We’re the kind of DJ’s that love getting requests, and encourage you to give us all your faves pre-event.
**EVENTS/PARTIES // Music (from $600)
Live acoustic music, specifically pre-arranged playlists for between-set breaks, controlling a seamless transition between background playlists and mic levels for your MC and speeches.. and use of dedicated microphone for said speeches, should this be a requirement. We even provide a DJ set as standard (optional) for events where loading up the dance floor is on the run-sheet.
~ We frequently coordinate with event organisers & venue managers.
~ We constantly liaise with your event MC to ensure all runs smoothly.
~ We leave no stone unturned, so that your event goes off just as you'd hoped.
**please note, if we're already booked for your specific event date, we also book a handful of other rad solo artists & would be only too happy to provide details and help to organise one of them to soundtrack your event.
We have current and up-to-date public liability insurance.